TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Samsung is launching more products to the Galaxy line up. The brand was reported to trademark six new names for the Galaxy devices. The new tablet in this series is the Galaxy Tab 2 aka Tab 310. This is a 7 inch tablet powered by the Android ICS operating system. The device was announced and showcased at the Mobile world Congress 2012 held in Barcelona in late February.
Speaking about the specifications, the Galaxy Tab 2 has a 1 GHz dual core processor, It has a 1 GB DDR 2 RAM to offer better performance and multitasking capabilities. The Galaxy Tab 2 or Tab 310 has a 3 MP camera at the rear and a VGA camera at the front for video conferencing. It not only has the normal GPS but also the Russian GLONASS tracking system. This system is based on satellite.
The display of this tablet is based on the new PLS (Plane to Line Switching) technology. This technology displays better contrast, colors and wide viewing angles when compared to the IPS technology. The 7 inch display has a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels.
The tablet has HSPA+ connectivity which is superior to the HSPA + 3G connectivity. This will allow for faster download speeds of 21 Mbps. This is especially handy when using social media sites and while sharing content between sites.
Samsung is now all set to launch the tablet in India. The Galaxy Tab 310 will be launched in this week and will be available for a price in India of Rs 20,000 approximately.