TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Apple Inc was the major player in the tablet market for so long. Now, Microsoft has entered the tablet field with the Surface tablets based on the Windows 8 Pro and Windows RT operating systems. The new Microsoft surface tablet is going to be a rival to the Apple's new iPad. As per a research firm, IHS iSuppli, Apple iPads account to about six in 10 tablets that are shipped.
Here is a list of the top five tablets manufacturers as per last year.
- 40.5 million global shipment
- 62% market share
Samsung (Galaxy tablets)
- 6.1 million global shipment
- 9.3% market share
Amazon (Kindle Fire)
- 3.9 million global shipment
- 6% market share
Barnes & Noble (Nook tablets)
- 3.3 million global shipment
- 5.1% market share
Asus (Transformer line of tablets)
- 2.1 million global shipment
- 3.2% market share
- 9.4 million global shipment
- 14% market share