TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Shivakumara Swamiji No More — CM Declares Holiday
- India's Richest Got Richer By 39% In 2018 While The Poorest Saw Just 3% Rise
- WhatsApp Limits Message-Forwarding To Five Chats
- URI Enters 100 Crore Club; To Be Remade In Three Languages
- 2019 Yamaha FZ & FZ-S V3.0 Models Launched In India
- MS Dhoni Has A Chance To Break This Sachin Tendulkar Record In New Zealand
- Hodal — Your Ultimate Guide To Haryana's Least Explored Part
- Madhuri Dixit Nene Has A Pretty Humble Office Wear Idea For Us
Galaxy S3, the flagship smartphone of the Samsung is the most anticipated device all over the world. The company has a usual strategy of launching two versions in order to meet the demands. Similarly, even in this case, the company will launch two different versions in Asia.
The listing in Bluetooth SIG shows four versions of the Galaxy S3 smartphone, Of these, GT-I9300 is the generic one. GT-I9300X and the two GT-I9300T are the high end versions. The generic model of the smartphone, GT-I9300 is the one that is expected to be launched in India in June.
This model of the Galaxy S3 handset will have the specifications stated earlier including the quad core Exynos 4412 processor with Mali 400MP4 graphics. It is exclusively for Europe and Asia.
The GT-I9300T model might be the co-branded version or the operator locked version for countries like Australia, US and several others. The GT-I9300X will also be made available in the Asian markets. The name of the handset will completely be different in South East Asia. As of now, GT-I9300X model's specifications are not known.
Going to the past, Samsung has released different models of the same Galaxy devices namely, GT-I9250, GT-I9100 and GT-I9000. The Galaxy S2 was available in two versions in India, GT-I9100 and GT-I9100G respectively. The difference is in the chipset housed in the models and in their performance.
The presence of several versions of the same smartphone will affect the software updates. It is suggested that you check the model number before buying the Galaxy S3 in order to avoid waiting for a long time to receive the updates.