TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Galaxy S3, the flagship smartphone of the Samsung is the most anticipated device all over the world. The company has a usual strategy of launching two versions in order to meet the demands. Similarly, even in this case, the company will launch two different versions in Asia.
The listing in Bluetooth SIG shows four versions of the Galaxy S3 smartphone, Of these, GT-I9300 is the generic one. GT-I9300X and the two GT-I9300T are the high end versions. The generic model of the smartphone, GT-I9300 is the one that is expected to be launched in India in June.
This model of the Galaxy S3 handset will have the specifications stated earlier including the quad core Exynos 4412 processor with Mali 400MP4 graphics. It is exclusively for Europe and Asia.
The GT-I9300T model might be the co-branded version or the operator locked version for countries like Australia, US and several others. The GT-I9300X will also be made available in the Asian markets. The name of the handset will completely be different in South East Asia. As of now, GT-I9300X model's specifications are not known.
Going to the past, Samsung has released different models of the same Galaxy devices namely, GT-I9250, GT-I9100 and GT-I9000. The Galaxy S2 was available in two versions in India, GT-I9100 and GT-I9100G respectively. The difference is in the chipset housed in the models and in their performance.
The presence of several versions of the same smartphone will affect the software updates. It is suggested that you check the model number before buying the Galaxy S3 in order to avoid waiting for a long time to receive the updates.