TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Between 2004 And 2018, National Parties Collected Rs 8721.14 Crore From Unknown Sources
- India Beats New Zealand In 1st ODI — Catch The Highlights
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
Online traveling agency Yatra.com made quite a jazz this weekend and the social networking site was pretty much a help for the agency to reach out to their dedicated customers. The odd moment was that the site was somehow not functioning yesterday and now finally it seems to be working.
Reportedly, the travel website Yatra.com had surprisingly forgotten to renew its domain name. The name had apparently been registered on August 9, 2000, and expired on August 9, 2013.
Thus the whole mess came knocking at the door of Yatra.
However, the problem customers were facing since past 3 days was that they were unable to enter the site. While they tried they would end up in a domainer page, which is basically used to reserve the domain name for future development, or as a form of cyber-squatting. Thankfully the folks at Yatra have now resolved the problem.
Looking at the reactions on the social networking sites, the less than a 3 days mess on Yatra website must have created a considerable loss of business.<blockquote class="twitter-tweet blockquote"><p>Dear Customers, we're facing some technical difficulties with our DNS servers on account of which some of you are unable to access our site.</p>— Joy @ Yatra.com (@YatraHolidays) <a href="https://twitter.com/YatraHolidays/statuses/366556819960758272">August 11, 2013</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
However, Yatra didn't share any information about the problem on the social networking site but wrote, "We are facing some technical difficulties with our DNS servers on account of which some of you are unable to access our site. We are working on this and hope to have it resolved in the next couple of hours. For any urgent cancellations or rescheduling, call us at 1860-5000-500".
Thankfully, things are back at its old order at Yatra.com, now customers can let loose of their worries.