TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Amazon Employs Local Kirana Shops As Product Pickup Points
Here's something new every other dealer should look to follow while conducting business in India. According to reports, e-commerce giant Amazon has started enlisting local kirana shops to act as pickup points for goods ordered on the popular shopping portal.
As reported first via the Times of India, this new pilot project has already kicked off in Bangalore. Moreover, the company will now decide on whether or not to bring over the changes to other parts of India, depending on the overall feedback for the same.
"We are continually innovating to find solutions that enhance convenience and experience for our customers," Amazon India country head Amit Agarwal told TOI.
"We are running a pilot for in-store pick-up service in Bangalore. We have identified and trained staff at small kiosks and stores, run by individual entrepreneurs, to be our shipment pick-up points."
So what exactly is the company bringing to the front by enlisting kirana shops to help conduct business? Apparently, buyers can now buy products from Amazon India and pick them up at a prescribed time from a listed kirana store.
Later on, the company will pay these stores their fair share of money for their service and may even ask them to open their own stores within the Amazon marketplace in the future.
Amazon, as of now, has also announced a new Self Service Registration (SSR) service, which will allow sellers to sell products on the same day they register.