TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Amazon ties up with Akshay Kumar's Best Deal TV
Online retailer Amazon today joined hands with Best Deal TV, a home shopping channel co-founded by Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar to expand foothold in fashion and apparels segment in India.
Under the partnership, Amazon will sell fashion and lifestyle products backed by Bollywood celebrities including Shilpa Shetty, Akshay Kumar, Farah Khan and Bipasha Basu besides other items from Best Deal TV.
Best Deal TV, India's first celebrity shopping channel is co-founded by Akshay and Raj Kundra, husband of actor Shilpa Shetty.
"We believe that tele-shopping and online shopping will work in synergy for Indian consumers giving them more and varied selection of products and purchase options," Amazon Fashion India Head Vikas Purohit said.
Exuding confidence that the partnership will help in expanding Amazon's customer base, he said when celebrities lend their name there is an assurance of quality to customers. Purohit said the market dynamics in Indian e-commerce segment is evolving through different partnerships.
"We believe that the tie-up with Kishore Biyani of Future Group, Raj Kundra in TV space and with FDCI (Fashion Design Council of India) are right partnerships coming to benefit the customer," he added.
Last year, Kishore Biyani-led Future Group and Amazon had entered into a partnership to build on synergies in online and offline businesses. The online major had also teamed up with FDCI for its 25th India Fashion Week.
According to Purohit there were hypes about online shopping versus offline and TV channels versus designers, but actually they all are going to work together. "We believe that tele-shopping and online shopping will work in synergy for Indian consumers, giving them more and varied selection of products and purchase options," he said.
Best Deal TV CEO Raj Kundra said:" We are delighted to launch our products exclusively on Amazon.in and help consumers buy not just celebrity endorsed products but also affordable quality products".