TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "Prevent Black Day," Says Retired HC Judge
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Mobiles Republic Day 2019 — Discounts On Best Smartphones
- From Kohli To Dhoni; Five Reasons Behind India's Win In 2nd ODI
- Every Place You Need To Visit If You Are A First-Timer In Una
- Strange Case Of A Woman Who Cannot Hear Male Voices
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Emraan Justifies Himself After Calling Aishwarya 'Plastic'
Cyber crimes are on the rise in India according to the Indian Home Minister P. Chidambaram This comes as bad news for internet lovers across India who depend on the internet for almost all their day to day activities.
According to statistics, there were around 2866 cyber crimes in India in 2011. A U.S. Based agency, Internet Crime Control rates India in the fifth position in the number of cyber crimes. There are more alarming statistics which state that the cyber crime rate has shot by 50% in the past year. These statistics also reveal that around 9,000 Indian websites were hacked in the past 5 years.
The Indian Home Ministry is now working closely with NASSCOM(National Association Of Software And Services Companies) in setting up cyber crime police stations & cyber forensic labs across the country. Thus, the Government Of India has resorted to doing something useful & hopefully we should see a decline in the cyber crime rates in future.