TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Telangana Elections: Restrictions Imposed On Campaign Time In Naxal Belts
- Jio vs Airtel vs Vodafone: Best Tariff Plans Under Rs 200
- Road Rage In India: Video Of A Man On Top Of A Running Car Becomes Viral!
- DeepVeer's Mumbai Wedding Reception Will Be A Grand Affair
- How To Turn Any Financial Crisis Into A Profit Making Opportunity?
- Migrane? Here Is a List Of Diseases Linked To Migraine
- Must-know Interesting Facts About Kochi
- India vs West Indies: The Five Key Takeaways
Cyber crimes are on the rise in India according to the Indian Home Minister P. Chidambaram This comes as bad news for internet lovers across India who depend on the internet for almost all their day to day activities.
According to statistics, there were around 2866 cyber crimes in India in 2011. A U.S. Based agency, Internet Crime Control rates India in the fifth position in the number of cyber crimes. There are more alarming statistics which state that the cyber crime rate has shot by 50% in the past year. These statistics also reveal that around 9,000 Indian websites were hacked in the past 5 years.
The Indian Home Ministry is now working closely with NASSCOM(National Association Of Software And Services Companies) in setting up cyber crime police stations & cyber forensic labs across the country. Thus, the Government Of India has resorted to doing something useful & hopefully we should see a decline in the cyber crime rates in future.