TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala Congress Invites Rahul Gandhi To Contest From Wayanad LS Seat
- IPL 2019: Indian Premier League Opening Ceremony Funds Donated To CRPF & Armed Forces
- Skoda Superb Gets A Facelift!
- OPPO F11 Pro Review: Good Design, Display And Camera, Underwhelming Software
- Salman, Rana & Others Attend The Wedding Of Venky’s Daughter
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- 12 Home Remedies To Treat Chapped Lips
- India's Forex Reserves Up By $3.6 Billion To $405.64 Billion
Gmail: Google brings Drive Content, Calender into Search Results with Field Trial
Google recently started trial run of a feature that added relevant Gmail mails to search results last month. Now the program is expanding further and users will be able to see Google Drive files appearing in the search results.
Drive files will be visible while you make a search on Google.com and within Gmail. The results will be displayed on the right side of the page. This latest feature from Google offers a much faster and easier way to access relevant data for users.
Searches made on Gmail will also return results from Google Calendar events. Personal search options on Google.com can be expanded through the trial bringing in spreadsheets, documents and other relevant files from Google Drive into search results.
The trial is limited to English speaking users with ‘@gmail.com’ accounts as of now. Google has informed that it might not be able to activate the experiment for everyone. If you haven’t seen any such features with your account, you can try joining the field trial from here. You will receive a confirmation via email when your account is ready for the trial.
Google representative has informed that they have received a lot of positive feedbacks from several users who have participated in the trial runs of the new features. Many people are enjoying the integration of all the relevant items in a single page. Once the trial runs are complete, Google will be making the new search capabilities available for public.