TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
Google doodle celebrates start of Special Olympics
Internet giant Google on Saturday created an innovative doodle celebrating the 14th Special Olympics World Summer Games that will run here July 25-August 2.
In the doodle, animated athletes are seen kicking a football, swimming, stretching, lifting weights and even swinging a golf club.
More than 7,000 athletes from 177 nations will compete in 25 different sporting disciplines, including cycling, handball, power lifting, softball, volleyball, judo, tennis among others. The 10-day event is expected to attract some 500,000 spectators.
The Special Olympics World Games is an international sporting competition for athletes with intellectual disabilities. This year it will also have approximately 30,000 volunteers.
The Games will take place at the iconic Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum that hosted the 1932 and 1984 Olympics.