TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Google doodles Amelia Earhart's 115th birthday
Google has posted a doodle to commemorate the 115th birthday of Amelia Earhart, an American aviator. Amelia Earhart is known as aviation heroine. Earhart is the first women to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean.
The doodle shows her climbing up her Lockheed Vega 5B monoplane. It also shows Earhart's yellow scarf fluttering in the wind. The letters in the official Google logo are located in the place of the original registration number of the Lockheed Vega 5B – NR-7952, below the wings of the monoplane.
Earhart was born in Atchison, Kansas, USA on 24 July, 1897. On May 20, 1930, she flew alone from Harbour Grace, Newfoundland, USA to Culmore, Northern Ireland in 14 hours, 56 minutes. This was set as an aviation history.
On 2 July, 1937, Amelia Earhart disappeared over the Pacific Ocean near Howland Island when she attempted to make a circumnavigational flight of the world. The end of the aviation heroine still remains a mystery.
More Google Doodles