TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Interaction With TN Students: Rahul Didn’t Violate Poll Code Says EC
- IPL 2019: Chennai Super Kings: Experience, Power, Emotion Drive The Champions
- Porsche 911 GT2 RS Becomes Fastest Car At BIC
- Apple Introduces AirPods 2 With Wireless Charging Case For Rs 18,900
- Trump Says Tariffs On China To Remain For A 'Substantial Period'
- Has Fame & Success Gone To Vicky Kaushal's Head?
- When A Baby Split Into Two!
- Food Tour In North India
Google doodles birthday of Howard Carter
Did you see the doodle on the Google homepage today? The birthday doodle on Google shows Howard Carter standing among the artifacts that have been extracted from the tomb of Tutankhamun. He is seen inspecting his works proudly.
The English archaeologist, Howard Carter discovered the tomb of Tutankhamun, the 18th dynasty Egyptian pharaoh. This is one of the most significant contributions made by him to his field.
He was born on May 9, 1874 in London. Carter went to Egypt when he was 17 to assist in the recording and excavation of the Middle Kingdom tombs. He worked as an artist for eight years, recording and replicating the work.
In 1899, he was appointed as the first chief inspector of Egyptian Antiquities Service (EAS). On November 4, 1922, Carter's excavation group found the path to Tutankhamun's tomb. It is the best preserved and most intact tomb of a pharaoh found in the Valley of the Kings.
The team spend months of time to catalog the contents of their discovery. Thousands of objects in the tomb were cleared until 1932.
Howard Carter is celebrated as a character in popular culture with references in literature, music, television and movies including the Young Indiana Jones TV series. He died on March 2, 1939 in London due to lymphoma.
More Google Doodles