TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
February 29th is a rare day in the calendar and Google has posted a rare two-in-one doodle to commemorate not only on leap day but also on the 220th birthday of Gioachino Rossini, the Italian composer. The leap years and days are associated with the leaping amphibians, frogs and so is the Google doodle today on the homepage with four frogs.
The image is inspired by the famous comic opera of 1816, The Barber of Seville which is one among the most performed operas of Gioachino Antonio Rossini. Of the four frogs on the image, the one at the piano and the leaping one is the vocalist. Th frog that is getting a shave is Count Almaviva and Figaro is the barber (characters of the play).
The other famous characters created by Rossini are Cinderella (1817), Semiramide (1823) and William Tell (1829). Gioachina Rossini was born in 1792 and imagine how lucky he is as the possibility of a birthday falling on February 29th is 1 in 1461 (days in four years) which is only 0.068%.
This leap year doodle is the third one in the history of Google. The previous ones where put on 2004 and 2008 and none was doodled in 2000.