TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
February 29th is a rare day in the calendar and Google has posted a rare two-in-one doodle to commemorate not only on leap day but also on the 220th birthday of Gioachino Rossini, the Italian composer. The leap years and days are associated with the leaping amphibians, frogs and so is the Google doodle today on the homepage with four frogs.
The image is inspired by the famous comic opera of 1816, The Barber of Seville which is one among the most performed operas of Gioachino Antonio Rossini. Of the four frogs on the image, the one at the piano and the leaping one is the vocalist. Th frog that is getting a shave is Count Almaviva and Figaro is the barber (characters of the play).
The other famous characters created by Rossini are Cinderella (1817), Semiramide (1823) and William Tell (1829). Gioachina Rossini was born in 1792 and imagine how lucky he is as the possibility of a birthday falling on February 29th is 1 in 1461 (days in four years) which is only 0.068%.
This leap year doodle is the third one in the history of Google. The previous ones where put on 2004 and 2008 and none was doodled in 2000.