TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
Google pays tribute to Ghazal King, Jagjit Singh with a doodle on his 72nd birth anniversary. We can see legendary artist, performing with his harmonium, in front of the Google logo.
Jagjit Singh is a critically acclaimed ghazal singer, who has sung in several languages including Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi and Nepali. He is one of those rare talents, who brought the Indian classical art form, ghazals, into main stream. Poetry with words of great relevance to current times and masses, Jagjet Singh made the ghazal genre available and understandable to all. Being one of India's most influential artists, he was awarded the Padma Bhushan by the government of India in 2003.
Jagjit Singh and his wife Chitra Singh, another renowned Indian ghazal, performed together becoming one of India's most acclaimed duets. In a time where ghazal music was dominated by artists from Pakistan, the couple came up with record breaking albums, to rice to fame. Jagjit Singh sadly passed away on 23 September 2011, after he suffered from a cerebral hemorrhage. Google search trends recently reviled, Jagjit Singh to be the most searched ghazle singer online. Even after his death the legendary ghazal artist manages to captivate audience every where.