TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Google pays tribute to Ghazal King, Jagjit Singh with a doodle on his 72nd birth anniversary. We can see legendary artist, performing with his harmonium, in front of the Google logo.
Jagjit Singh is a critically acclaimed ghazal singer, who has sung in several languages including Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi and Nepali. He is one of those rare talents, who brought the Indian classical art form, ghazals, into main stream. Poetry with words of great relevance to current times and masses, Jagjet Singh made the ghazal genre available and understandable to all. Being one of India's most influential artists, he was awarded the Padma Bhushan by the government of India in 2003.
Jagjit Singh and his wife Chitra Singh, another renowned Indian ghazal, performed together becoming one of India's most acclaimed duets. In a time where ghazal music was dominated by artists from Pakistan, the couple came up with record breaking albums, to rice to fame. Jagjit Singh sadly passed away on 23 September 2011, after he suffered from a cerebral hemorrhage. Google search trends recently reviled, Jagjit Singh to be the most searched ghazle singer online. Even after his death the legendary ghazal artist manages to captivate audience every where.