TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
There were lot of cyber attacks made during the Commonwealth Games and they were mainly due to some of the wicked political activities. The researchers of DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organization) have revealed that the computer servers of the government departments were exposed to attacks for over 200 times during the Common Wealth Games that were conducted in 2010 at New Delhi.
DRDO works towards the research of newer technologies for combat and defence. Dr. V. K. Saraswat, the chief and scientific adviser to the Defence Minister revealed that there were many hacking attacks that were from various countries. He added that a special team with efficient and skilled members helped the DRDO to combat these attacks.
He did not stop without mentioning the fact that they managed to stop the online attacks although DRDO lacks the tools that are necessary for this. The organization is planning to work on a powerful encryption group that can create encryption techniques to fight against the attackers. It is also planning to craft some superior routers and servers with the operating systems to help to fight against cyber attackers.
There was increase in the hacks due to the increase in the digital content in the recent times. Last year accounted to several hacks and last month included the hacking of the Andhra Pradesh governemnt sites. The hackers tried to attack several websites of Andhra Pradesh government despite of the security audit at the State Data Centre. Luckily, they could not be successful.
A rise in these kinds of attacks will surely call for the necessity of better technologies and security needs so that these wicked activities are controlled.
Read in Malayalam