TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
A global media watchdog group, Reporters Without Borders released the Enemies of Internet 2012 list indicating countries like India and China are also enemies of internet as they pose restrictions on the freedom of expression on internet.
The report states that countries like India, Egypt, France, South Korea and Australia censored specific content and also punished the users for the illegal downloads. It also indicated that Arab Spring was able to change the face of internet freedom and countries like Bahrain successfully caused information blackout to curtail the protest.
India is considered one among the enemies of Internet as it has posed restrictions on the online firms and social networks thereby affecting the freedom of expressing freely on the internet. The government has imposed trails on internet companies like Google, Facebook and 19 others which is the most significant proof of this.
In the next report, even Pakistan will find its place in the list as the country has started to speak about the Internet filtering system and this can make it become an enemy of internet.