TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala Congress Invites Rahul Gandhi To Contest From Wayanad LS Seat
- IPL 2019: Indian Premier League Opening Ceremony Funds Donated To CRPF & Armed Forces
- Skoda Superb Gets A Facelift!
- OPPO F11 Pro Review: Good Design, Display And Camera, Underwhelming Software
- Salman, Rana & Others Attend The Wedding Of Venky’s Daughter
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- 12 Home Remedies To Treat Chapped Lips
- India's Forex Reserves Up By $3.6 Billion To $405.64 Billion
India: One of the Enemies of Internet
A global media watchdog group, Reporters Without Borders released the Enemies of Internet 2012 list indicating countries like India and China are also enemies of internet as they pose restrictions on the freedom of expression on internet.
The report states that countries like India, Egypt, France, South Korea and Australia censored specific content and also punished the users for the illegal downloads. It also indicated that Arab Spring was able to change the face of internet freedom and countries like Bahrain successfully caused information blackout to curtail the protest.
India is considered one among the enemies of Internet as it has posed restrictions on the online firms and social networks thereby affecting the freedom of expressing freely on the internet. The government has imposed trails on internet companies like Google, Facebook and 19 others which is the most significant proof of this.
In the next report, even Pakistan will find its place in the list as the country has started to speak about the Internet filtering system and this can make it become an enemy of internet.