TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
A global media watchdog group, Reporters Without Borders released the Enemies of Internet 2012 list indicating countries like India and China are also enemies of internet as they pose restrictions on the freedom of expression on internet.
The report states that countries like India, Egypt, France, South Korea and Australia censored specific content and also punished the users for the illegal downloads. It also indicated that Arab Spring was able to change the face of internet freedom and countries like Bahrain successfully caused information blackout to curtail the protest.
India is considered one among the enemies of Internet as it has posed restrictions on the online firms and social networks thereby affecting the freedom of expressing freely on the internet. The government has imposed trails on internet companies like Google, Facebook and 19 others which is the most significant proof of this.
In the next report, even Pakistan will find its place in the list as the country has started to speak about the Internet filtering system and this can make it become an enemy of internet.