- News Bihar: 100 children die due to acute Encephalitis in Muzaffarpur
- Finance Shriram Transport Nosedives After Reports Of Piramal Selling Stake
- Movies Radhika Pandit Calls Yash Their Baby Daughter's Superhero! Shares An Adorable Pic On Father's Day
- Sports Cavani: Uruguay ready to fight for Copa America glory
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
It is foolish to restrict internet
The internet censorship is creating raging controversies across the world. At the World Economic Forum, the corporate honchos battled to retain the online freedom claiming that it is foolish to impose restrictions on the internet.
The COO of Facebook, Sheryl Sandberg underscored the necessity to retain the free and open nature of the internet platform. It is quite foolish for any government to think about blocking the internet platform said the CEO and the Co-Chair of Unilever, Paul Polman.
As per Sandberg, the internet as well as social media are major platforms to expose free speech and exchange of views among the people. This platform has to remain free and open but it must also include safety and security for the users.
She also insisted that the democratic countries should work together to keep the internet the same way as it is but still more secure and safe. The right to privacy is highly important and there must be checks in the user data that they want to share. She says that the right regulations have to be brought and not the ones that are impractical or of no use.
Vikram Pandit, the chief of Citigroup says that the right to privacy and the security of information is highly important. The cyber security and similar issues are the ones that have to be seriously looked upon.