TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
The Microsoft India online store that was hacked by Chinese hackers didn't have good security arrangements according to experts. This laxity did the Microsoft India store in & led to it being compromised by hackers.
The Microsoft store had allegedly stored the user data in plain text format which led to the data easily getting compromised. So experts squarely blame Microsoft for this alleged laxity in enforcing strict anti hacking methods. Microsoft reportedly manages the Indian online store by coordinating with a third-party vendor & it should also know to derive the maximum benefit from the third-party vendor. But in this case Microsoft has failed to do so which has ultimately led to the user data compromise.
Cyber experts state that there are a number of tools that are available to defend confidential data from being hacked into. These tools are EFS(Encrypting File System) which encrypts the sensitive customer data such that it becomes difficult for the hackers to obtain this data. One more tool called the BitLocker can be used to lock the entire drive & encrypt the contents of the drive.
These protective measures lead to the data being safe even when hackers try to break in. Thus, the need of the hour is that Microsoft & all major I.T. Companies have to get educated about the hacking & anti-hacking principles & methods & thereby ensure that the customer information database stays secure always.
Read about the hacking of the Indian Microsoft Store here