TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
The Microsoft India online store that was hacked by Chinese hackers didn't have good security arrangements according to experts. This laxity did the Microsoft India store in & led to it being compromised by hackers.
The Microsoft store had allegedly stored the user data in plain text format which led to the data easily getting compromised. So experts squarely blame Microsoft for this alleged laxity in enforcing strict anti hacking methods. Microsoft reportedly manages the Indian online store by coordinating with a third-party vendor & it should also know to derive the maximum benefit from the third-party vendor. But in this case Microsoft has failed to do so which has ultimately led to the user data compromise.
Cyber experts state that there are a number of tools that are available to defend confidential data from being hacked into. These tools are EFS(Encrypting File System) which encrypts the sensitive customer data such that it becomes difficult for the hackers to obtain this data. One more tool called the BitLocker can be used to lock the entire drive & encrypt the contents of the drive.
These protective measures lead to the data being safe even when hackers try to break in. Thus, the need of the hour is that Microsoft & all major I.T. Companies have to get educated about the hacking & anti-hacking principles & methods & thereby ensure that the customer information database stays secure always.
Read about the hacking of the Indian Microsoft Store here