TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Assembly Election Results 2018 — Catch All The LIVE Updates Here
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Markets Live: Sensex Down As Election Leads Trickle In
- Nokia 8.1 Launched In India For Rs. 26,999
- Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 — Full Accessories List
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK & Aamir Steal The Show!
- December New Moon Lucky For These Signs
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
India is currently facing one of its biggest tragedies related to natural disasters in recent times. The floods in Jammu and Kashmir has already claimed a lot of lives with search and rescue operations already trying to save the survivors. And like every one else, Google is doing its bit to make life a little less traumatic for all those stuck or looking to re-unite with their near ones.
According to reports, Google has introduced a brand new Crisis Response Map for the flood hit Jammu and Kashmir that offers updated satellite imagery. The Map is meant to help the authorities concerned identify flood zones, evacuation routes and weather conditions.
The new Crisis Map, that can be accessed here, can be shared via embed, e-mail or social media through a dedicated Share button. "We hope the crisis map can accelerate the efforts of responding agencies and people affected by the disaster," Google said in a statement.
"We continue to work on providing more relevant tools for rescue agencies, volunteers and non- profits," it adds. Going by the records, the Google-based Crisis Maps have helped in the past as well with similar situations where a natural disaster has hit an area.
The new Crisis Response Map is the latest Google tool to have arrived after the company launched its Google Person Finder tool for Jammu and Kashmir. While we pray that all return safe and peace for the lives lost, you could do your bit by spreading the word around.
The People finder tool can be embedded on any website. You can use the following " target="_blank">HTML code