- Movies Charu Asopa & Rajeev Sen’s Lavish Wedding: Sushmita Sen, Her Bf & Daughters Pose With Newlyweds!
- News J&K: Encounter between security forces, terrorists underway in Anantnag
- Finance Shriram Transport Nosedives After Reports Of Piramal Selling Stake
- Sports Cavani: Uruguay ready to fight for Copa America glory
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
NIC: Nine government websites are defaced
Nine government websites that include the ones of Power Ministry, Kerala, Maharashtra and Uttarakhand state governments were defaced in the past insisting the authorities to tighten the cyber security precautions.
The list of the websites are www.informatics.nic, www.mpcb.gov.in, www.civilsupplieskerala.gov.in, www.bee-india.nic.in, www.arunachal.nic.in, www.cdodoon.gov.in, www.gov.ua.nic.in/ujn, www.ueppcb.uk.gov.in and www.kumbh2010haridwar.gov.in.
NIC (National Informatics Center) claims that several hacking attempts were made on the government websites that are hosted on the NICNET servers on a daily basis. It is impossible to quantify these accurately. These attempts will be effectively blocked by the security controls that are in place.
The Ministry is requested to provide the details of the hacking attempts that are made on them since the last decade that is from 2001 to 2011 along with the URL names and the source of the attacks. NIC says that these compilations about the name of the portal and the URL are not available when it comes to victims of the atttacks.
The source of the attacks will be traced using the IP addresses of the system used to make the attacks. The IP number might not be the right one and this makes the identification of the source highly difficult.