TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Shivakumara Swamiji No More — CM Declares Holiday
- India's Richest Got Richer By 39% In 2018 While The Poorest Saw Just 3% Rise
- WhatsApp Limits Message-Forwarding To Five Chats
- URI Enters 100 Crore Club; To Be Remade In Three Languages
- 2019 Yamaha FZ & FZ-S V3.0 Models Launched In India
- MS Dhoni Has A Chance To Break This Sachin Tendulkar Record In New Zealand
- Hodal — Your Ultimate Guide To Haryana's Least Explored Part
- Madhuri Dixit Nene Has A Pretty Humble Office Wear Idea For Us
Volunia is a new site that lets users to see the components of specific websites to find out the subject that they are interested in more quickly and also to interact with the other users registered with it and looking at the same web pages.
Massimo Marchiori, is an Italy based computer science professor. He has created an algorithm in the 1990s for HyperSearch, the ranking service of internet page. He was a professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
In a demonstration he said that as there is information, there are people as well. The social dimension is present since long time and it is yet to emerge. He believes the functions that are available on Volunia will soon be normal on the major search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo.
Since four years he has been working on this. Currently he is teaching at the University of Padua in Italy. After presenting HyperSearch in a conference, Larry Page, CEO of Google has asked if he can use it as he is too fascinated with it. As it was not patented, he has used it in the best way that is possible.
Volunia has a US copyright and it is launched only to selected users. It will be launched widely soon with a support to 12 languages including English, Russian, Japanese and Arabic.