TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 Live
- Flipkart Mobile Bonanza Offers: Heavy Discounts Available
- All-New Maruti Ertiga Pre-Launch Teaser
- Sara Ali Khan And Her Equation With Kareena!
- Watermelon Facial For Glowing Skin
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Five Reasons To Visit Bum La Pass This Winter
Volunia is a new site that lets users to see the components of specific websites to find out the subject that they are interested in more quickly and also to interact with the other users registered with it and looking at the same web pages.
Massimo Marchiori, is an Italy based computer science professor. He has created an algorithm in the 1990s for HyperSearch, the ranking service of internet page. He was a professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
In a demonstration he said that as there is information, there are people as well. The social dimension is present since long time and it is yet to emerge. He believes the functions that are available on Volunia will soon be normal on the major search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo.
Since four years he has been working on this. Currently he is teaching at the University of Padua in Italy. After presenting HyperSearch in a conference, Larry Page, CEO of Google has asked if he can use it as he is too fascinated with it. As it was not patented, he has used it in the best way that is possible.
Volunia has a US copyright and it is launched only to selected users. It will be launched widely soon with a support to 12 languages including English, Russian, Japanese and Arabic.