TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Russian hackers attack Pentagon e-mail: Report
A "sophisticated cyber attack" by alleged Russian hackers forced the US department of defence to shut down its joint staff unclassified e-mail system, leaving thousands of workers without mails for nearly two weeks, the US media reported.
US officials who spoke on conditions of anonymity on Thursday said that the intrusion happened around July 25 and affected about 4,000 military and civilian personnel, Xinhua reported, citing NBC News.
The officials said the hackers coordinated the cyber attack on Pentagon through social media accounts, adding that they could not decide whether the Russian government was behind the attack.
In another hacking incident last year, alleged Russian hackers breached the White House's computer system and reportedly read the US President Barack Obama's unclassified e-mails.