TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Why Pakistan’s Action Against JeM Is An Eye-Wash, Insufficient
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Series To Sport Steam PC Game Streaming
- Bajaj Discover 110 Launched With CBS At Rs 52,273
- La Liga Preview: Barçelona Face Stiff Sevilla Test As Battles Up And Down The Table Heats Up
- Small And Midcap Stocks Could Deliver Abnormal Gains
- The Story Of Lubdhaka And Lord Shiva
- Kangana Ranaut Caught Riding A Fake Horse During Manikarnika
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
Snapdeal appoints Amitava Ghosh as VP Engineering
E-commerce major Snapdeal has appointed former TaxiForSure CTO Amitava Ghosh as Vice President Engineering. In his new role, Ghosh will lead the development of intuitive technology solutions for ease of accessibility and enhanced user experience on the marketplace, Snapdeal said in a statement.
With over 17 years of experience, Ghosh has spent several years working for organisations, both in India and the US, across large Internet companies and Silicon Valley start-ups. Prior to Snapdeal, Ghosh was the Chief Technology Officer at Taxiforsure before it was acquired by Ola.
He has also worked with Tribune Digital Ventures (TDV). Ghosh will work out of the company's technology innovation centre in Bangalore. Currently, a 200-people team works out of the Bangalore office. Snapdeal plans to double this by the end of this year. Ghosh will play a key role in strengthening this further, backed by robust technology solutions, the statement said.
"My focus would be on in-depth analysis of consumer insights to develop best mechanisms for delivering delightful customer experience," Ghosh said. The technology team at Snapdeal is currently 1,000 people strong and the company looks at doubling this too by the end of this year.
Previously, Snapdeal has hired senior leaders from across the globe. Anand Chandrasekaran ex-CPO Bharti Airtel, Gaurav Gupta, formerly the India Head of Scalearc a Bay area start-up and Bhuvan Gupta, ex-CTO, BSB Portal (JV between BSB and Yahoo Japan) have joined Snapdeal as core members of the technology team.