TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
We get many instances of people using sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc to spread awareness & even support campaigns. One such support campaign is the “Unite For Syria” which is gaining rapid momentum across various social networking sites such as Facebook, YouTube & Twitter.
Protest against the Syrian Government started on the 15th of March. This caused causalities on a large scale. The president Of Syria has also been condemned by various nations across the world. Ever since, twitter has been flooded with tweets spreading awareness about Syria. These anti-government protestors have been using the internet as a means to spread their propaganda & continuing their human rights campaign.
Online videos of the protests & civilian casualties have been put up by people. The #UniteForSyria campaign has garnered the attention of various people across the world. Even celebrities such as Susan Sarandon, Stephen Fry & Sir Patrick Stewart have announced their support for the “Unite For Syria” through social networking sites.
The “Unite For Syria” campaign was started by more than 200 NGOs including Human Rights Activists across 27 different countries of the world. Even Facebook is flooded with messages which call for people to unite & put an end to the violence in Syria.
Thus, social networking is gaining prominence & is also leading to various revolutions across the world. People are also becoming aware of happenings even in remote parts of the world. People are even standing up for each other in difficult times.
Therefore we can say that Social Networking is definitely a boon to mankind. Please do reply with your opinion in our comment section below.