TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
After the online reach, the Delhi Division of the Indian Railways has launched its Facebook page enabling the passengers to check the availability of berths, timings and related information. An official said that this page will inform the passengers regarding the status of the vacant berths and also about the arrival and departure timings of the trains.
The Facebook page is linked to the National Train Inquiry Service and is updated constantly. Apart from providing the status of the berths and the timings of the trains, it will also offer the information regarding the arrival and departure platform numbers at the New Delhi, Old Delhi and Nizamuddin stations.
This measure is mainly to prevent the misuse of the seats that are available by the unscrupulous elements. Even the other zones are asked to move to such innovative measures in order to offer the adequate publicity to book the vacant seats at the current ticket counters.
Railways has advised to those passengers trying to book who are traveling in short notice to make use of the reservation counters at the originating stations of the trains.
Usually after the preparation of the reservation charts, the vacant and reserved seats on a train can be booked only at the ticket counter of the originating station before the train's departure. As per the rules, the reserved ticket can be booked using the Internet or the Passenger Reservation System counters across the country before the preparation of these charts.
But once it is done, the berths can be booked only at the current counter at the main stations. These charts will be prepared usually about three to four before the train's departure. For instance, if a train is scheduled for early morning, its reservation chart will be prepared the previous night.