TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Around 27 different websites belonging to various Andhra Pradesh departments were hacked on Thursday. This was done by the cyber criminals breaking into one of the Andhra Pradesh Government servers.
This attack exposes the flaws present in the security mechanism of the Government servers. The Websites that were hacked belonged to the following departments Horticulture, Gazette Notifications, Commercial Taxes & Government Orders. The authorities in these departments said that the hackers neither defaced any of the pages nor stole any confidential data but only added extra pages with some messages.
There were rumors that one out of the 27 websites hacked contained data related to the 2012-2013 Budget & this data was leaked. But Government authorities have sternly denied this. They said that the budget details were never stored in any of these servers in the first place.
Certain Bangladeshi Hacker Groups are suspected of the hacking. In a similar incident a couple of days ago, the website of the Indian Border Security Force was hacked by Bangladeshi Hackers.