TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India Likely To Surpasses The UK In The World's Largest Economy Rankings
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Indian Railways Set To Enter $200 Bn Global Semi-High-Speed Market With Train 18
- Nissan’s NV300 Concept Is The Van Every Workaholic Traveller Needs To Have
- "Dhoni Is Still The World's Best ODI Finisher," Says Chappel
- 7 Apps That PC Gamers Should Use
- Govinda-Movie Rangeela Raja Super Flop; Gets Zero Rating
- Kangana Ranaut Promotes Eco-friendly Fashion With This Green Gown
All those who were planning to buy high end smartphones this year, will have to hold on and think over their plans again. Union Budget 2013 is out today and regretably Finance Minister P. Chidambaram has raised the duty from 1 percent to 6 percent on cell phones which will cost more than Rs 2000.
Reportedly, Chidambaram said in his Budget speech, "About 70% of imported mobile phones and about 60% of domestically manufactured mobile phones are priced at Rs.2000 or below. Mobile phones enjoy a concessional excise duty of 1% and I do not propose to change that in the case of low-priced mobile phones."
At the same time, the import duty on mobile phones below Rs 2,000 will remain unaltered.
The decision taken by the FM is being opposed by many in the country. The citizens have chosen micro blogging site Twitter to express their political belief, confrontation against the new budget system. Below, Gizbot has compiled a list of tweets, which have also witnessed a lot of retweets after the Budget 2013 was announced.
Shayan Bisney @ShayanBisney
According to #Budget2013 mobile phones to cost more..Now what is the new price of the BB Z10? :P...Will it compete with nano?
Harshad Joshi @HJ91
"ok, i am going to buy a hi end mobile phone and pay some bribe to retailer for giving me receipt of 1500..saving tax! #budget2013"
FREE WIFI DETE HO AUR MOBILE PHONE KA PRICE BADHAATE HO CHOROOON!!!! #Budget2013
Everything we need to buy is expensive now. House, SUV, mobile, bike, set top box and cigarette. In short sanyaas le lo boss.#Budget2013
Vineet Handa @juniorhanda
Mobile phones to cost more. The entry level for iPhone che would be 50 K ? #budget2013
Kunal Arora @iamkunalarora
So now Drive in Maruti, use a Made in China mobile phone, watch movies through Torrents only and eat in Dhabas only...!!!#budget2013
Super Rich = 1 cr, luxury mobile phone = 2k - what logic is that?#Budget2013
Kurutham kettavan @sbokjui
so food, mobile, fuel , set top boxes, cigarettes costs more... its literally called looting every average Indian #budget2013