TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
Social networking giant Facebook says over 100 million users access it's website every month through its app for feature phones. Reportedly this has helped the company to grow in developing markets like India, Indonesia and the Philippines.
The "Facebook For Every Phone" app enables people to connect "no matter what kind of mobile device they use," Facebook said in a statement. The app supports basic functions like news feeds, photo uploads and sending messages. Also users create a new account or even find friends, which sort of brings the whole Facebook experience to mobiles.
Facebook for Every Phone is a fast and easy-to-use native app that works on more than 3,000 different types of feature phones from almost every handset manufacturer that exists today wrote Facebook's Growth Manager Ran Makavy in a post.
"Facebook For Every Phone is powered by technology created by Snaptu, an Israel-based mobile platform that I co-founded in 2007. We joined the Facebook Growth Team in California as part of an acquisition in 2011. Our small team relaunched Snaptu as Facebook For Every Phone in July of that same year, and grew the user base to where it is today. Snaptu's platform uses the power of servers to accelerate and optimize the way mobile apps work, and is the key to providing a great user experience on low-end devices", added Ran Makavy.
The announcement comes just a few days before the expected Facebook's second quarter earnings report.