- 22 min ago How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- 2 hrs ago Redmi K20 Pro Vs OnePlus 6T: Which Is The Best Smartphone Under Rs. 30,000 In India?
- 3 hrs ago OnePlus 7 Vs OnePlus 7 Pro – Which One Should You Buy?
- 12 hrs ago Airtel Upgrades 4G Network In J&K: Here Are The Details
- News Bengaluru: Rowdy Kunigal Giri's birthday party busted, 266 girls rescued from venue
- Movies Hansika Motwani Underwent Surgeries To Enhance Her Career? Deets Inside
- Sports Karthik likely for India in shortened game; Shadab, Haris may come in for Pakistan
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Facebook bug accidentally reveals how popular your posts are
A bug that infected Facebook's mobile website let users see view counts for their own and others' posts throughout the social network, The Verge reported.
Similar to how Facebook displays the number of views under videos posted on its site, this bug let users see the number of views on any article or video link, including those from news media and other official organisation pages.
The bug, discovered by some users recently, only affects Facebook's mobile site, and not Facebook for desktop or the company's official mobile apps. Facebook said it was removing the view counts from user posts. The changes should already be taking effect.
The view counts display only under shared or posted links and sometimes under photos, and it is unclear if the metrics are entirely correct. Facebook has no future plans to let individual users see view counts. A study done by Stanford University researchers and Facebook's data science team in 2013 revealed that the average Facebook user only reaches about 35 percent of their friends with a single post.
Many have invested heavily in growing the number of likes on their page. But only Facebook holds the keys to the enigmatic News Feed. Until a bug comes along, and we see just how popular we really are.