TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Users who desire to make free calls from their smartphones can now rejoice as Facebook has them covered. Facebook has launched free calling facility from its Messenger app for iPhone users in the US. The first to notice the development was, The Verge. A Facebook spokesperson informed about the new roll out over VoIP in Messenger.
The users are required to download Facebook Messenger app onto their phones to try the new feature. The next step is to open the app and tap the contact one needs to call from the contact list. Finally, hit the ‘i' button on the top right corner of the messenger app to get the call through.
The person in the other end must also be using an iPhone for the call to get connected. The Android and Windows8 users have to wait more to get this feature on their phones. The new calling feature is a boon to users who want to save on their talk-time. Also, the need to possess phone numbers remains eliminated with this feature.
Facebook is trying to go one step further being an SMS or an iMessage challenger by introducing free calling facilities over Wi-Fi and data connections. The facility of free calling extends to whole of iOS family and users possessing iPod touch can also make free calls, of course, using a Wi-Fi connection.
Calling is made free by Facebook but still users have to pay for their data usage in case of making calls over 3G or 4G networks, but it comes free for Wi-Fi.