TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
In 2011, Facebook launched the Subscribe feature that lets the users to subscribe to the posts that are made public by the celebrities, journalists and almost anyone whom they are interested in though they are not friends. This feature not only helps people in connecting with their fans but it also helps the spammers and scammers to create fake profiles.
As per a recent report, the social network is launching Verified Accounts feature for the public figures in order to verify their accounts. The users who are verified will get a prominent placement in the People to Subscribe To suggestions of Facebook.
Users do not have the permission to request for verification instead the social network itself will decide the accounts that need verification. Users when asked to verify their profiles will have to submit a photo identity issued by the government that will be deleted after the verification process. They can also enter a nickname that will be displayed within parenthesis adjacent to their real name.
However, the verified accounts will not have a badge as in Twitter hence this new feature will not identify the users to identify a genuine profile and a fake one.