TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India Likely To Surpasses The UK In The World's Largest Economy Rankings
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Indian Railways Set To Enter $200 Bn Global Semi-High-Speed Market With Train 18
- Nissan’s NV300 Concept Is The Van Every Workaholic Traveller Needs To Have
- "Dhoni Is Still The World's Best ODI Finisher," Says Chappel
- 7 Apps That PC Gamers Should Use
- Govinda-Movie Rangeela Raja Super Flop; Gets Zero Rating
- Kangana Ranaut Promotes Eco-friendly Fashion With This Green Gown
Time to step back from the flow of news surrounding CES 2013. The social networking giant Facebook has just teased a media event scheduled for January 15 at 10am Pacific Time at its Menlo Park headquarters. Designed to create a bit of a buzz, the invitation is deliberately vague, saying only, "Come and see what we're building."
According to a SlashGear report, which spotted the invite at first, the January 15 event is kept highly mysterious with no clues of what could be the subject. The report speculates there could be a possibility of unveiling a new software or service similar to Instagram acquisition in 2012 and the recently announced Poke service.
Alternatively, the event could also be meant for the unwrapping of the much anticipated and rumored Facebook smartphone, which has been in the tech rumors for a long period of time. Moreover, the recent rumors of Facebook making use of HTML5 layer on top of Android operating system also adds to the same.
Earlier reports, claim that the Facebook phone being developed by HTC would be dubbed as Opera UL and that it could run on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system and have a 1280 x 720 pixel high definition display, 1.4GHz dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor and more.
However, a few months back, Mark Zuckerberg claims that a Facebook smartphone does not make any sense, hence, it arises a big question mark on the announcement of a smartphone at the event.
Hence, the tech world and Facebook users will have to wait until the 15th of this month to know what exactly the social networking company has on cards.