TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Inside Story Of How Siddaramaiah Led The Operation Against Operation Lotus
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- 10 Interesting Facts Of The Indian Budget
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Six Important Things That Make You Lucky And Happy
- Visit Yanam — The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- This Is The Craziest Thing Ranveer Has Done For Deepika
The world's most popular social network site, Facebook is experiencing a major extended outage for past few hours causing downtime for users in parts of United States. According to reports, the site has been inaccessible for many users in Texas, New York, San Francisco and other part of the country.
Although, the Mark Zuckerberg's social network has been offline for many, at the same time reportedly, few account holders are able to login without any issues. Meanwhile, the problem does not seem to be worldwide one, as there have been no reports of an outage in other parts of the world including India.
Going back to the past records, Facebook has experienced outages before. In December 2012, a DNS issue which incurred in the social network caused some users to be temporarily unable to reach the site. Moreover, in the same year during October, the company unwittingly caused many users across Europe to be knocked off from the site.
It is unclear as to why, the current disruption in the social network is taking place. DownRightNow, a website monitoring service notes, Facebook's current status to be 'service disrupted'. However, mobile apps and Instagram seem to be working just fine. Also, interestingly enough, adding 'www' prefix before typing in facebook.com in the root domain has allowed some users to access their Facebook account.