TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Facebook, the social network is partnering with Washington State in order to combat the spam known as clickjacking that is spreading in the social network. The officials claim that Adscend Media LLC which is based on Delaware is behind the spamming and a couple of lawsuits have been filed on it in California and Washington state federal courts.
The officials of Facebook say that it is always important to be ahead of the scammers and spammers. The clickjacking is a new spam that is happening in Facebook and it will be combated by this partnership.
In this spam, there will be links on the social network that have some salacious or shocking video codes embedded in them and they will be like links that the users have liked. The main aim behind these links is to attract the more friends of the users and gain clicks. The links will lead to a survey from an advertiser.
The officials claim the Adscend Media is responsible for spreading the spam by means of misleading and deceptive tactics and it has also encouraged the rest to perform the same. Even an email inquiry was sent to the company but it was not returned immediately.
The spammers first target the social networks as people likely trust and share the content that comes from friends. This enables them to spread the viruses, spams and scams quite easily. So far only Washington state has partnered with Facebook. The company claims that the partnership is due to the history of the state in ensuring technology consumer protection.