TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Shivakumara Swamiji No More — CM Declares Holiday
- India's Richest Got Richer By 39% In 2018 While The Poorest Saw Just 3% Rise
- WhatsApp Limits Message-Forwarding To Five Chats
- URI Enters 100 Crore Club; To Be Remade In Three Languages
- 2019 Yamaha FZ & FZ-S V3.0 Models Launched In India
- MS Dhoni Has A Chance To Break This Sachin Tendulkar Record In New Zealand
- Hodal — Your Ultimate Guide To Haryana's Least Explored Part
- Madhuri Dixit Nene Has A Pretty Humble Office Wear Idea For Us
Facebook, the social network is partnering with Washington State in order to combat the spam known as clickjacking that is spreading in the social network. The officials claim that Adscend Media LLC which is based on Delaware is behind the spamming and a couple of lawsuits have been filed on it in California and Washington state federal courts.
The officials of Facebook say that it is always important to be ahead of the scammers and spammers. The clickjacking is a new spam that is happening in Facebook and it will be combated by this partnership.
In this spam, there will be links on the social network that have some salacious or shocking video codes embedded in them and they will be like links that the users have liked. The main aim behind these links is to attract the more friends of the users and gain clicks. The links will lead to a survey from an advertiser.
The officials claim the Adscend Media is responsible for spreading the spam by means of misleading and deceptive tactics and it has also encouraged the rest to perform the same. Even an email inquiry was sent to the company but it was not returned immediately.
The spammers first target the social networks as people likely trust and share the content that comes from friends. This enables them to spread the viruses, spams and scams quite easily. So far only Washington state has partnered with Facebook. The company claims that the partnership is due to the history of the state in ensuring technology consumer protection.