TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala Congress Invites Rahul Gandhi To Contest From Wayanad LS Seat
- IPL 2019: Indian Premier League Opening Ceremony Funds Donated To CRPF & Armed Forces
- Skoda Superb Gets A Facelift!
- OPPO F11 Pro Review: Good Design, Display And Camera, Underwhelming Software
- Salman, Rana & Others Attend The Wedding Of Venky’s Daughter
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- 12 Home Remedies To Treat Chapped Lips
- India's Forex Reserves Up By $3.6 Billion To $405.64 Billion
Facebook testing ‘want' button for Online Shoppers
World no. 1 social networking website Facebook is looking to expand its online shopping offering by testing a new feature that would allow users to create a ‘wish list’ of items they are ‘lusting after’.
Reportedly, Facebook has announced that it has joined forces with seven retailers to test the platform, which allows users to ‘want’, ‘collect’, or ‘like’ a product.
If you ‘like’ something, then the item will show up in your Timeline, according to News.com.au reports.
“We are beginning a small test in which a few select businesses will be able to share information about their products through a feature called Collections,” a spokesperson for the firm said.
“Collections can be discovered in news feed, and people will be able to engage with these collections and share things they are interested in with their friends. People can click through and buy these items off of Facebook,” the spokesperson added.
Facebook said that its new Collections feature would gradually be offered to all its users in the US.
Some users will see the ‘want’ button as part of the test, while others will see a button inviting them to ‘collect’ an item or to ‘like’ an item, the firm said.