TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "Prevent Black Day," Says Retired HC Judge
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Mobiles Republic Day 2019 — Discounts On Best Smartphones
- From Kohli To Dhoni; Five Reasons Behind India's Win In 2nd ODI
- Every Place You Need To Visit If You Are A First-Timer In Una
- Strange Case Of A Woman Who Cannot Hear Male Voices
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Emraan Justifies Himself After Calling Aishwarya 'Plastic'
Facebook, the most used social network in the world has turned eight. Currently the website has about 845 million active users and it is still in an increasing pace. It was launched on February 4th 2004 and it is expecting to have 1 million users within August this year.
The CEO of the company, Mark Zuckerberg is quite known as the founder of the social network but still there are three more co-founders all of whom are fellow students and roommates of Harvard University. They are Chris Hughes, Dustin Moskovitz and Eduardo Saverin.
Al the four built the website initially only for the students of Harvard University but it was soon extended to the students of the other colleges and universities. Before it was launched for the public, it was called 'thefacebook.com'. On February 4th 2008, the domain name was changed and it was launched as Facebook.
Facebook has helped Mark Zuckerberg to become the youngest millionaire in the top list and also the other start-ups and non-profit organizations to also interact, grow and boost their sales. Later Complete.com in January 2009 has ranked it has the most used social network in the world by analyzing the active users.
In India, the website has doubled its users and has recorded 132% growth in one year. This growth percentage is higher when compared to the other countries. The company has also filed for an IPO on February 1st 2012.