TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "Prevent Black Day," Says Retired HC Judge
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Mobiles Republic Day 2019 — Discounts On Best Smartphones
- From Kohli To Dhoni; Five Reasons Behind India's Win In 2nd ODI
- Every Place You Need To Visit If You Are A First-Timer In Una
- Strange Case Of A Woman Who Cannot Hear Male Voices
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Emraan Justifies Himself After Calling Aishwarya 'Plastic'
Facebook is rolling out an all new version of its photo viewer to the users to display the pictures at a larger resolution when compared to the previous ones. Once the users click on a photo, this new interface will be launched and it will cover the screen with the photo and some white space on the right.
The users are free to like, comment or share the photo using the options on the right of the screen. Facebook will have its advertisements and the sponsored stories under the comments. This change in the viewer is inspired by its rival, Google+.
The previous major overhaul happened in February 2011 that added a light box effect to the viewer to make viewing of images and sharing them easier. The upgrade last year was required as it had an obsolete code and has to support images of high resolution. The current update seems to possess more enhancements to the user experience.
The main change in the new viewer is that you need not scroll down to comment on photos. In this, as the comments appear to the right of the image, it eliminates the scrolling.
This new one also helps the users to see largely sized images. The size of the image actually depends on attributes like dimensions of the original one and also on the resolution of the device's screen.
If you don't like this new viewer, you can move this theater interface and get the original previous look by just reloading the page. The download option and report option are moved under the gear icon that is on the right top of the viewer.