TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Facebook worth more than Walmart!
Believe it or not, Facebook is now worth more than the world's largest retailer, Walmart. In just three years as a public company, Facebook has pipped Walmart in terms of net worth.
Over the last year, Facebook's stock has jumped roughly 30 percent and the climb has added more than $65 billion to its market value, bringing it to more than $236 billion, just above Walmart's $235 billion, reported Quartz.
Although market cap leapfrogging like this is not uncommon, this one might appear ridiculous to many. Walmart has a far larger economic footprint.
By revenue, Walmart is the world's largest company with annual sales figure of $476 billion last year. Facebook clocked around $12.5 billion in revenues in the corresponding period.
Over time, markets have shifted in a way that reflects technology's growing economic importance, at least in the minds of investors.
The largest US companies by market value are Apple and Microsoft, and Google has also fought its way into the top five.