- 6 hrs ago ISRO Puts Rockets, Satellites On Hold To Develop Ventilators For Coronavirus
- 6 hrs ago Honor 8A Prime With Helio P35 Processor, 13MP Camera Launched: Price And Specs
- 7 hrs ago Reliance Jio Offering 100 Minutes Of Free Talktime And Messages To JioPhone Users
- 7 hrs ago Vodafone-Idea Deploys 2,000 Massive MIMO In Delhi; Offering Extra Talk Time To Feature Phones Users
- News No Vaishno Devi pilgrim stranded at Katra, clarifies Shrine board
- Movies Badshah On Genda Phool Credit Row: Ratan Kahar's Name Not In Records, But Will Help Him Financially
- Lifestyle Work From Home Tips For Mothers
- Sports IOA likely to release grants to member units without documentation
- Finance Govt Cuts Interest Rate On Small Savings Schemes By 0.7-1.4% For Apr-June
- Automobiles Top-20 Cars Exported From India In February 2020: Passenger Vehicle Export Market Registers YoY Grow
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In April
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
10 upgrades we all have seen in Facebook since its inception
Facebook has seen updates in various areas to make its use highly convenient. But, there were a few updates which highly contributed to its immense popularity. Let's have a look at the top 10 updates.
What started in 2003 as 'Facemash' - a platform for students of Harvard University to vote for people they find hot, is today a beehive of internet users across the world. Till 2012, Facebook had already announced 1 billion active users on its engine which has been ever increasing.
From time to time, we have seen Facebook updating in various areas to make its use highly convenient. But, there were a few updates which highly contributed to its immense popularity. Let's have a look at top 10 of these updates.
It was in 2005 that Facebook launched the feature of adding photos to one's profile. Notably, this was without any restriction on the storage capacity which meant uploading an uncountable number of photos.
Tagging Friends in Pictures
In the same year it launched photo feature did Facebook introduced the amazing functionality of tagging friends in photos which allowed users to let people know who all are present in a group photograph.
One year forward and Facebook was ready with 'Facebook Notes' which was a special feature for bloggers to write huge content and express their thoughts and knowledge.
2006 was the year when Facebook users got a dedicated tab for viewing the activities of their friends through News Feeds. Doing so, the popular social media gave users more reasons to spend their time on the platform.
Facebook for mobile
Earlier Facebook was accessible only on desktops but in 2007, Mark Zuckerberg introduced m.Facebook.com due to which users could access their favourite social media on the go (on their mobile phones).
Facebook Platform For Developers
Mark Zuckerberg didn't fail to do a favor for the developers. In May 2007, Facebook Platform was launched especially for developers which allows them to develop cool applications through Facebook.
The thumbs up symbol which is now a sensation for people across the world was incepted in 2009 after which you could show your friends or other peers on Facebook that you 'liked' their post and, that too by just a single click.
Tagging Friends On Status and Comments
After the feature of tagging friends on photos, Facebook founder identified the growing demands and needs of its user and introduced the facility to tag friends in not just statuses but also in tiny comments to address them.
LIke Individual Comments
The 'Like' feature went on to become so trendy that it wasn't enough only for photos and status. What if you like a comment on a post more than the post itself? By 2010, you were served with the feature to like individual comments on posts.
Launched Dedicated Messenger
Outperforming MSN - which was highly successful then, Facebook launched its dedicated Messenger app in 2011 for Android and IOS, later for Blackberry, and the communication became easier than ever.