- 27 min ago Garena Free Fire OB27 Update Brings New Maps, Characters; How To Download
- 48 min ago OnePlus 9 Review: Good Overall Flagship With Some Big Compromises
- 54 min ago Amazon Quiz Contest Answers For April 16, 2021: Win Emporio Armani Men's Watch
- 1 hr ago Free Fire Redeem Codes For April 16; Get 50,000 Diamonds Code For Free
- News Rs 98 crore heroin seized at IGI airport, two Zambian nationals arrested
- Finance Airlines Will Fly Into Losses This Fiscal Too
- Movies Sharmila Tagore Reveals She Rewatched Chupke Chupke While Recovering From Recent Surgery; 'I Laughed So Much'
- Sports IPL 2021: Ishant Sharma has heel injury, Delhi Capitals working on his recovery: Ricky Ponting
- Lifestyle Stunner! Nora Fatehi Makes A Strong Case For The Orange Hue With Her Bodycon Dress
- Automobiles Hero HF 100 Launched In India At Rs 49,400: The Most Affordable Bike From The Brand
- Education Board Exams 2021: List Of State Board Exams Postponed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
10 upgrades we all have seen in Facebook since its inception
Facebook has seen updates in various areas to make its use highly convenient. But, there were a few updates which highly contributed to its immense popularity. Let's have a look at the top 10 updates.
What started in 2003 as 'Facemash' - a platform for students of Harvard University to vote for people they find hot, is today a beehive of internet users across the world. Till 2012, Facebook had already announced 1 billion active users on its engine which has been ever increasing.
From time to time, we have seen Facebook updating in various areas to make its use highly convenient. But, there were a few updates which highly contributed to its immense popularity. Let's have a look at top 10 of these updates.
It was in 2005 that Facebook launched the feature of adding photos to one's profile. Notably, this was without any restriction on the storage capacity which meant uploading an uncountable number of photos.
Tagging Friends in Pictures
In the same year it launched photo feature did Facebook introduced the amazing functionality of tagging friends in photos which allowed users to let people know who all are present in a group photograph.
One year forward and Facebook was ready with 'Facebook Notes' which was a special feature for bloggers to write huge content and express their thoughts and knowledge.
2006 was the year when Facebook users got a dedicated tab for viewing the activities of their friends through News Feeds. Doing so, the popular social media gave users more reasons to spend their time on the platform.
Facebook for mobile
Earlier Facebook was accessible only on desktops but in 2007, Mark Zuckerberg introduced m.Facebook.com due to which users could access their favourite social media on the go (on their mobile phones).
Facebook Platform For Developers
Mark Zuckerberg didn't fail to do a favor for the developers. In May 2007, Facebook Platform was launched especially for developers which allows them to develop cool applications through Facebook.
The thumbs up symbol which is now a sensation for people across the world was incepted in 2009 after which you could show your friends or other peers on Facebook that you 'liked' their post and, that too by just a single click.
Tagging Friends On Status and Comments
After the feature of tagging friends on photos, Facebook founder identified the growing demands and needs of its user and introduced the facility to tag friends in not just statuses but also in tiny comments to address them.
LIke Individual Comments
The 'Like' feature went on to become so trendy that it wasn't enough only for photos and status. What if you like a comment on a post more than the post itself? By 2010, you were served with the feature to like individual comments on posts.
Launched Dedicated Messenger
Outperforming MSN - which was highly successful then, Facebook launched its dedicated Messenger app in 2011 for Android and IOS, later for Blackberry, and the communication became easier than ever.