- Sports ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli 'walks' out, fumes in dressing room as replays suggest he was not out
- News J&K: 'Braveheart' cop who was injured in June 12 Anantnag terrorist attack dies
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
How to have a control over your Facebook news feeds
Facebook provides an option that lets you exercise some control over what you can see and which friend or page’s post you would not like to see that often on your feed.
Every post that you find on your Facebook feed is always something enriching and joyful or educational. However, for those of you who do not live in that wonderful parallel universe and are stuck in out boring mundane reality with posts that make you cringe or jokes that stopped being there after the thirtieth time it got shared, worry not, all hope is not lost.
Maybe your friend doesn’t seem to understand that not everyone understands the joke that they’re making. While it may be impossible to stop your friends from ever posting the same meme over and over again (at least through that are not illegal), we can exercise some control over what you can see and which friend or page’s post you would not like to see that often on your News feed.
How to permanently stop Facebook Feed Spam
a) Visit the friend's profile or if the culprit is a particular page, head on over there.
b) Move your mouse to the place just over the ‘Following' button.
c) Under the ‘Following' button, you will find list headings called ‘In Your Newsfeed' and ‘Notifications,' click on ‘Unfollow' under ‘In Your Newsfeed.'
The friend you have unfollowed will not be aware that you have unfollowed them, you will still remain friends on Facebook.
If you unfollow a page, you will only be listed as a user who clicked the ‘Like' button on them.
You can unfollow profiles or pages you no longer wish to view directly from your feed. All you have to do is click on the menu button (three dots), this will be near their posts in your feed, this will prompt a pop-up box which will let you click on Unfollow.
If you have a change of heart, all you have to do is go back to your friend's profile or revisit the page and click on ‘Follow,' this will let their posts reappear on your feed.
How to temporarily stop Facebook Feed Spam
If you don't wish to unfollow a friend or page completely but are not looking forward to seeing their rants anymore, you have the option of just snoozing them for a little while.
a) Click on the menu button next to the friend or page you wish to block and tap on it.
b) Click ‘Snooze.’
c) You can do undo this if you wish to, immediately.
If you decide you are ready to end the snooze before the thirty days are up, doing the following will help you do so:
a) You should head on over to their profile or page, once you get there, you will find a ‘Snoozed' button where you usually used to see the ‘Following' button.
b) Hovering over the Snoozed button and then clicking ‘End Snooze'