- 49 min ago Redmi Note 8, Redmi 8, Redmi 8A Dual Receive Price Hike In India
- 2 hrs ago Redmi Note 9 Pro Max Review: Worth Every Extra Dime
- 2 hrs ago Penumbral Lunar Eclipse To Start Next Month In India: When To Watch
- 4 hrs ago Week 24, 2020 Launch Roundup: Infinix Hot 9, Gionee K6, Vivo Y70s 5G, Realme 6s And More
- Movies Sarkar Vaari Paata: Mahesh Babu To Announce Details Of His Next Film #SSMB27 At 9.09 AM Today!
- Finance Motilal Oswal Sets 46% Upside Target On Shares Of Coal India
- Lifestyle Ganga Dussehra 2020: Here’s The Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- News Elon Musk's SpaceX rocket ship blasts off into orbit with 2 Americans
- Sports Bayern Munich 5-0 Fortuna Dusseldorf: Champions move 10 points clear
- Automobiles Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
What is Mastodon? How To Create Mastodon Account? How Does It Work?
The world of social media is dominated by Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. These three services are highly popular amongst the youth and they enjoy a monopoly with their audiences.
This might soon change as there is a huge surge in the user base on a new social media platform called Mastodon. You might have come across this name quite a few times recently, however, it is actually not a new platform.
Mastodon started operations on October 5, 2016, and was developed by Eugen Rochko. The service calls itself as a 'federation' and offers an abundant amount of communities created by fellow users similar to subreddits.
The overall user interface of the Mastodon looks similar to Twitter, where users can customize their profile, post multi-media files like images and videos. Plus, users can also chat with one another. Just like twitter, there is a 500 character limit on each post.
The logo of the Mastodon is inspired by an extinct creature that mimics elephants. Though there is no official app for Android or iOS there is a list of third-party apps that are officially recommended by the platform that offers the best Mastodon experience.
Over the last few years, the brand itself has undergone several UI changes and currently at Mastodon 3.0 that claims to offer safer social media experience with built-in anti-abusive tools, strict rules against harassment, and a large group of moderates that helps to keep the platform at peace.
The unique thing about the Mastodon that differentiates itself from its contemporaries is its federated policy. Unlike Twitter and Facebook, where the entire data is centralized, Mastodon takes a different approach. It is decentralized where different regulations and features have their owners and will communicate with one another via the internet.
Mastodon is based on instances. Ex: normal users can create a mastodon.social account and he might not be able to mastodon.sports or ruby.social unless he wants to. Until and unless two instances are not followed by the same user the system will limit the information that is being displayed on the timeline.
Each of these instances (channels) will act as an individual server and the moderator will control the content that is being pushed into these channels.
How To Join Mastodon Network?
Sign-up by visiting https://joinmastodon.org/ and mastodon.social is the best instant to get onboard with the service. As there are no official apps on can download one of the aforementioned apps to browse Mastodon depending on the type of device.
Top Tech Mastodon Servers To Join