TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Google is known for celebrating anniversaries and birthdays with interactive doodles, but this is perhaps the first time that the search engine has honored a victim.
Google India has joined the country in expressing grief over the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim, by putting a vigil candle on its home page.
The message read: "In memory of the Delhi braveheart"
On Sunday, Google India had shared an image of a candle on their Google+ page. Google said in its post: "Saluting the courage and fortitude of the Delhi brave heart. Our humble tribute."
The 23-year-old girl lost battle to life after being gangraped by six men on a bus in New Delhi. The girl, also called as Nirbhaya and Damini, was cremated on Sunday morning as millions of people grieving over the death. People staged protests and candlelight vigil across the country demanding greater protection for women from sexual violence.
The attack has shocked the nation and caused a wave of protests with citizens demanding the government take note of the sexual violence that women in India are subjected to on a daily basis and frame tougher laws to tackle them.