TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
Google is known for celebrating anniversaries and birthdays with interactive doodles, but this is perhaps the first time that the search engine has honored a victim.
Google India has joined the country in expressing grief over the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim, by putting a vigil candle on its home page.
The message read: "In memory of the Delhi braveheart"
On Sunday, Google India had shared an image of a candle on their Google+ page. Google said in its post: "Saluting the courage and fortitude of the Delhi brave heart. Our humble tribute."
The 23-year-old girl lost battle to life after being gangraped by six men on a bus in New Delhi. The girl, also called as Nirbhaya and Damini, was cremated on Sunday morning as millions of people grieving over the death. People staged protests and candlelight vigil across the country demanding greater protection for women from sexual violence.
The attack has shocked the nation and caused a wave of protests with citizens demanding the government take note of the sexual violence that women in India are subjected to on a daily basis and frame tougher laws to tackle them.