TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP Yet To Name Candidate For Pathanamthitta Which Houses Sabarimala Temple
- MSD Opens Up On 2013 IPL Fixing Scandal
- 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched In India — ABS With EBD Is A Standard Feature
- Samsung All Set To Launch The Galaxy S10 5G On April 5
- Why Investors Are Dumping Auto Stocks And Buying Banking Stocks?
- Holi 2019: Akshay, Kriti Wish Everyone A Happy Festival
- Katrina Kaif's Holi Look
- Factors To Consider Before Buying Schengen Travel Insurance Policy
Google Plus to allow some nicknames
Previously, Google's social networking website, Google+ required users to use their real names only on the service. But now, the company has relaxed this requirement and allows the users to use some nicknames.
Many users of the social network were looking forward to use nicknames and pseudonyms to set up their accounts in the network but Google was suspending them for violating.
On Monday, Google announced that the network will allow maiden names, names in non-Latin scripts and also pseudonyms. But still there is a catch.
Google can still reject certain names and the users will have to prove that it is an alternative name but showing some reference in any news article or any link that takes to a blog.
Facebook, the rival to Google + requires only real names. Some of the social networks allow alternate names but they argue that the real ones will improve the trust.