TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Google+ Update Adds More Functionality to Notifications
While, Facebook is taking all available roads for enriching their user experience its main competitor Google + is closely following its footsteps to provide better functionality to its users. In a recent development, Google has rolled out an update for Google + that provides users with more control over the content displayed. The new update will enhance the functions of the volume slider feature in Google +.
Three main aspects of Google+ Update
The new feature on Google + mainly has three basic attributes.
- If you have added a circle of friends whose updates you do not want to miss, you can move the circle’s volume slider to the right to make sure that you will be updated every time they post content on their pages.
- The second thing is that if there is some news you would like to be seen by your important friends and relatives, then you can share such news and updates by choosing to send an email to notify them. You can do this by checking ‘Also send email’ option.
- The third factor is to reduce the display frequency of posts from those who are not among your favorites. You can visit their profile and click Mute from the notification menu to stop regular display of their content on your page.
The announcement of the new features have been warmly welcomed by the Google + community as these new features would give more flexibility to users to choose the content they wish to see. The updates will be rolled out to the users in a couple of days. With this update Google has given something for Facebook to think upon. Let’s hope their competition remains healthy and leads to delivery of more user friendly features from both social networking platforms.