TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala: Police Told Mediapersons To Vacate Sannidhanam, Pamba
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite With 8 GB RAM Spotted On TENAA With Improved Cameras
- This Beautiful Town In Uttarakhand Is All You Need To Relax
- Did You Know That Cayenne Pepper Can Boost Hair Growth?
- BREAKING! Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Confirm Their Wedding Date; Release Official Statement
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs Windies, 1st ODI, Highlights: Kohli And Rohit Fire India To Comprehensive Win
- AIIMS Delhi Recruitment 2018 For 2000 Nursing Assistants
GlobalWebIndex has come up with a report for the Q4 of the year 2012 regarding the popularity of the social networking sites. According to the report, Google has much to celebrate as Google+ gains the fame of grabbing the second most popular social networking site recognition.
This position was won by Google + overtaking Twitter which was earlier in the second position. The most interesting part of the report is that, even the third position is not guaranteed for Twitter as Google's YouTube races ahead of this social networking site.
The active usage of Google + has been reported to rise up to 27 percent at a stretch when it reached 343 million. Interestingly, YouTube was not even included in the track report last year and they have made their debut entry with a stunning third place.
Not too surprising, Facebook leads the foremost position in the popularity of social networking sites with almost 693 million active users. Facebook has marked a tremendous growth rate of 33 percent during the 4th quarter of the last year. The precise count of YouTube users has not been made clear and the chart points somewhere around 280 million.
The immense influence of social integration of Google+ is what led to its unexpected second place in the chart. Most of the popular platforms like Android Play Store, Orkut, and even YouTube integrates Google + and recommends a Google+ ID.
The advanced management features of Google + page now allows a single page to be managed by 50 people and also 50 Google+ pages can be managed by a single person. Google was in trial for the last few months to include Google ID as a passport for accessing all sites and services online which paved the way for Google +'s second position in charts.