TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP-Cong Spar Over EVMs Again: This Time There Is An International Conspiracy To It
- ICC Awards 2018 Winners' List: Virat Kohli Sweeps Awards; Makes History
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Reliance Jio To Foray Into E-Commerce Business In India
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider For 2019
- Kangana on #MeToo: I Was Pinched On My B*tt In The Middle Of A Group
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Health Benefits Of L-arginine
Back in March there was a news that said Facebook was working on introducing "hashtag" feature, similar to the one found in Twitter, to help improve their search and indexing capabilities. The social network has now announced that starting from today (June 13) hashtags feature will be available on the social networking site.
With hashtags, Facebook will now allow you to add context to a post or indicate that it is part of a larger discussion. When you click on a hashtag in Facebook, you'll see a feed of what other people and Pages are saying about the particular event or topic.
Users will now be able to search for a specific hashtag from the search bar, for example, they can now click on hashtags that originate on other services, such as Instagram. Also, users can compose posts directly from the hashtag feed and search results.
Facebook said the hashtags will only be the first step towards making it easy for people to access discussions. It will be introducing various new features to make discussions on public events, people, and topics more accessible. These features will be rolled out in the coming weeks and months.
The Hashtag has been closely associated with Twitter, making it easy for people to find out more about things such as big events or breaking news amongst others. Twitter follows more of a message broadcast approach, while Facebook will follow a more "stay connected with friends" approach. This new feature could diminish the differences in the two unique approaches.