TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala Protest Updates: "We Won't Return Until We See Lord Ayyappa", Says Trupti Desai
- Jio GigaFiber: List Of States In Which It Will Be Launched
- #SocialForGood For Mental Health Awareness
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- IPL 2019: Check Out The Full Squad Update
- New Jawa Perak Bobber First Look Review
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Gripping Facts About Jodhpur That Might Leave You In Awe
There is good news for the ardent fans of social media as the Indian Human Resource minister Kapil Sibal made a statement today stating that the Indian Government will not be banning social media or even censoring it.
This statement comes in the wake of protests from various quarters that were evoked when Google India & Facebook removed some allegedly objectionable content from their websites. Kapil Sibal also said that no Government in India will ever censor social media as it is a people's property & no one has the right to tamper with it.
But fundamentalists across the country have resorted to protests demanding that social media be censored since it leads to posting of content that could hurt the religious sentiments of various communities.
Thus, the already beleaguered social media has received a shot in the arm in the form of the statement made by the H.R.D. minister.