TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
Instagram ban on 'curvy' hashtag enrages women
Photo sharing site Instagram that banned the hashtag #curvy because it was being used to propagate sexually explicit content has not gone down well with plus-size women who have launched a protest campaign, media reported.
GongTo / Shutterstock.com
Instagram has decided to ban the hashtag to crack down on nudity as adult-oriented photographs and videos are often tagged with the word, Daily Mail reported.
Now plus size women have been sharing images with #Curvee in protest.
Female users across Instagram have also included hashtags like #bringcurvyback, #everybodyisbeautiful, and the popular #effyourbeautystandards.
For instance, a woman who posts under the moniker @rachel_curvemodel, shared a summery snap of herself posing underneath a tree decorated with rainbow-coloured streamers.
Another user called @thelizblack, shared a holiday photograph of herself in a palm-print two-piece. In the image she can be seen flaunting her curvaceous figure in a swimming pool while holding a doughnut shaped rubber ring.
Yet another annoyed female activist, who posts under the name @sassy.scarlet, included statements such as #pinupmodel, #beautyhasnosize and #styleatanysize alongside the #curvee hashtag.