TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL
Google Inc which comes up with better innovation and service initiatives has added another to its service base. The company has decided to make one of India's biggest wholesale markets accessible to worldwide users.
Based at old Delhi, Chandni Chowk market is considered one of India's most famous iconic market place. As part of this initiative, Google India with the help of HostGator created over 2,500 free websites for every business within the Chandni Chowk market area. Other than the individual websites created, Google has also built a common community website www.chandnichowknowonline.in.
This website allows users to easily navigate through all the businesses operating out of Chandni Chowk now having an online presence.
Kapil Sibal, the Union Minister of Communications & IT in India officially launched this initiative from Google. Sibal told in a statement that the country is developing rapidly with respect to information technology growth.
He also added that the country's GDP is expected to rise to USD 100 billion (Rs 5 lakh crore) by 2015.
Google India's Rajan Anandan, the Vice President & Managing Director of Sales & Operations, said that they have created 150,000 websites for small and medium businesses across 7,850 cities in the country. However the company has set a target of 500,000 free websites which would be processed within no time. Google has taken this initiative to demonstrate the value of internet and its functions towards attaining business growth.
With regards to this initiative, Pradeep Jain, a spokesperson from the Chandni Chowk market said that the websites created by Google could help them achieve better profits as the websites could help them connect online with their customers.