TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Why Pakistan’s Action Against JeM Is An Eye-Wash, Insufficient
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Series To Sport Steam PC Game Streaming
- Bajaj Discover 110 Launched With CBS At Rs 52,273
- La Liga Preview: Barçelona Face Stiff Sevilla Test As Battles Up And Down The Table Heats Up
- Small And Midcap Stocks Could Deliver Abnormal Gains
- The Story Of Lubdhaka And Lord Shiva
- Kangana Ranaut Caught Riding A Fake Horse During Manikarnika
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
Now, Instagram bans #EDM hashtag
A week after banning the #goddess, photo-sharing app Instagram has now prohibited the popular #EDM, a common abbreviation for electronic dance music because users apparently violated "guidelines around nudity", a media report said.
The tag was blocked because it was being used to share racy photos that fly in the face of Instagram's high moral standards, a company spokesperson said.
"We block (make unsearchable) certain hashtags when they are consistently being used to share images and videos that violate our community guidelines," Thump, the electronic music and culture channel from Vice, quoted the spokesperson as saying.
It is feared that some users probably were cashing in on the popularity of the #EDM to sell more viagra pills and penis pumps.
Earlier this month, the company also attracted controversy when it ousted the #curvy hashtag. It later restored the hashtag after users criticised the company for banning it.
Instagram had earlier come under fire for banning a photo of a fully clothed woman whose menstrual blood showed through her sweatpants.