TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
One billion users Download Facebook Messenger
Thus, Messenger has joined the elite club of Facebook and WhatsApp and Google's Gmail, YouTube, Search and Maps, which all have breached the billion downloads mark, TechCrunch reported.
Messenger's strategy of layering modern mobile sharing features over a speedy texting app has paid off. With VOIP, video calling, stickers, voice clips, peer-to-peer payments, location, and a platform of third-party content creation apps, Messenger wants to own every way you communicate.
Combined with WhatsApp's streamlined SMS alternative, Facebook controls messaging in a way that deeply insulates it from disruption.
After years of people asking what would be the Facebook killer, Facebook happily provided its own answer.